This is where you will add and manage all of the media on your site. Wordpress accepts the following types of media:
See the Images help page for examples and details.
- .pdf (Portable Document Format; Adobe Acrobat)
- .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word Document)
- .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation)
- .odt (OpenDocument Text Document)
- .xls, .xlsx (Microsoft Excel Document)
To Add New Media:
1) Click “add new” button at the top of the media module.
You can either click “choose file” to use the typical browser your used to, or, simply drag and drop the file into the drag-and-drop window. You can add as many files as you’d like at one time.
Once you’ve added your image, it will appear in your media library. Your media library is sorted by most recently added through oldest.
Clicking on an item will open the details for that item. You will see the following field:
- Title: Give the file a title
- Alt text: Give the file alt text
- Caption / Description: If desired, give the file a caption or description
- File URL: This is what you would use if you wanted to link something (like a word or button) to your image.